Rabu, 16 Desember 2015

Verb yang tidak diikuti Infinitive

1. Kata kerja yang melibatkan panca indra:
SEE, LOOK AT, NOTICE, WATCH, OBSERVE, HEAR, LISTEN TO, FEEL, TASTE, dan SMELL
Contoh :
- I saw him cross the road.
- The manager noticed the workmen repair the car.
- We heard the lady sing a song.
- The boys watch the man demonstrate his skill.
- He heard them talk about the accident.

2. Kata kerja "verbs of permission or causation":
LET, MAKE, HELP, WOULD RATHER, HAD BETTER, BIT
Contoh :
- We let him explain his reason.
- The naughty boy made her cry histerically.

- I would rather stay at home than go outside.
- They had better red books than novel.
- I bade him do it


3. Kata kerja tertentu (certain verbs): HELP
 - He helped them find it
 - She helps her mother prepare dinner.
-  Although Dr. Ribley spent an extra class period helping us understand logarithms, we still bombed the test.

Namun menurut BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv226.shtml) tidak ada perbedaan penggunaan "infinitive to" dan "infinitive without to (bare infinitive)" ketika dipakai pada kata "HELP".
Menurut BBC:
Help is a verb that can be used with or without to and with or without an object before the infinitive. When we use it without an infinitive it sometimes sounds more informal. 
Compare the following:
- Could you help me to look for my car keys? I can't find them anywhere.
- Could you help me look for my car keys? I can't find them anywhere.
- Would you like to help to cook dinner tonight? It's late and I'm feeling tired.
- Would you like to help cook dinner tonight? It's late and I'm feeling tired.






Perbedaan penggunaannya hanyalah bahwa infinitive to lebih bersifat FORMAL (resmi).


Sumber:
http://pandai-bahasa-inggris.blogspot.co.id/2010/07/infinitive-without-to.html
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/3578/what-is-the-correct-way-to-use-infinitive-after-the-verb-help-with-or-without
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv226.shtml